Wire SVN

Can some one give me a link to the download for wire svn and i tutorial to install.

What Is SVN?

SVN means the most up-to-date version of the code, even more updated than the latest release.

It is the project’s set of working files that have been edited since the last release came out.

For example, a bug can exist in release 1.x but fixed in SVN, meaning those changes will be published in the next official version.

How to download Wiremod from SVN

1. Get a suitable SVN client (Tortoise SVN is a good choice: http://tortoisesvn.net/)

2. Make sure you remove the “wire” folder from inside your addons folder

3. If you have Tortoise SVN, right click the addon folder in your garrysmod folder and choose “SVN Checkout”

4. Enter this address: “https://www.gmodforge.com/svn/wire

5. If asked for a username and password, enter “anonsvn” for both (without quotation marks)

6. Press OK

To update: Right click on the addons folder and choose SVN update to update to the latest wire version.

Just as an update, please use:
svn://wiremod.com/wiremod
As the URL to download from as the above doesn’t work.

Oh its working I just tested :slight_smile:

Not like it’s supposed to. They created a problem in the old one so they switched over to the current one.

yaaay mines finally working thanks Lendosan, it only works with that link for me :slight_smile:

Yeah, a few days ago the Wire Mod server was down, I think just about every Wire Enthusiast was about to cry for sure

:frowning:

Thank you for posting this! :smiley:

Thank you so much! i can use wire now thanks!

YES THX!!! I JUST FIXED MY OLD CPU AND HAS OLD WIRE :stuck_out_tongue: NOW I CAN UPDATE!!! YAYZ THANK-YOU!!!

okay well when i right click on the addons folder all i see for svn is svn update and svn committ… can somebody tell me how to get it to say svn checkout? and i already deleted the wire folder and it still says that, i made a new wire folder, and updated it that way and it says … c/programfiles blah blah blah/addons/wire’: is already being used… please help me

Lendosan that link does not work i get this error when i try it

“Can’t connect to host ‘wiremod.com’: A connection attempt failed because
the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”

Well I’ve done everything you sed and it didn’t work, so i checked another thread it said if there is a wire folder inside your main wire folder cut and paste it into addons folder which I did but i can’t get SVN Update

Hey guys it only says SVN commit so i can’t add wire!

I down loaded the wire svn, that buggered up my loading times and server conections,then i buggered up the files to make it work (connecting workes now but i get some small wire problems) so i decided to delete wiremod and re download it to see if that fixes every thing but when i try it says “ERROR Can’t connect to host ‘wiremod.com’: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.” can any one help?

this is the newer link : https://svn.wiremod.com/svn/wiremod it worked for me. if it asks for a username and password, it is anonsvn for both.

I deleted my old SVN wire (couldn’t update it, “target machine actively refused” crap) and downloaded it again from the url you posted, but when I started GMOD up, I didn’t have the Wire tab, I had the Wire I/O and Wire Physics (I think Wire Physics) under the Tools tab, and they each had one thing in them too.

Does anyone know if there is a way to re-enter the username and password for stuff that says “no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it”

does anyone’s wire thrusters not work. I have them wired to the Advanced pod controller correctly.