Wiremod wheel speedmod

I’m not sure if that’s the right place to ask for support with wiremod but I had to put it somewhere. :smiley:

I’m currently building a car. The thing is, it will be an offroad-ready car, so I need lots of power. That means that I need a wired wheel with tons of torque but spinning at the speed that I want. That way, it will get up a hill nicely.

I’ve noticed that there probably is a solution for my need. The wired wheel speedmod input. The thing is, I don’t know how to use it. I tried wiring it to a constant value of 1 (to see if it works at all and it didn’t. the speedmod count still showed 0%). Then I made a constant value and I typed in 1%. Still didn’t work.

I’ve used google and tried to find the information on how to use that thing. There’s no article at all about wheel on wiremod wiki site. I found one guy who asked a very similiar question to mine (the only thing different is the desired use, he wanted to make a turret):

http://www.wiremod.com/forum/gate-nostalgia-old-school-wiring-discussion-help/28914-how-use-speedmod-break-inputs-wire-wheel-complete-nub.html

As you can see, the answer he got is at the very least not satisfying.

Can someone please explain to me how to set the speedmod input of wired wheel? (also, it has to be adjustable when needed. I’m gonna use it pretty much as the gas pedal in my car)