Wolves

This is no bitching threat or something like that. Neither i wanna nerf them that they one shot die or dont make any damage anymore but there is one thing which is very confusing, They have a attack range where they are able to hit you on about 5-7 meters. Physicly they are not even touching you its like teleport attack or something like that.

The bear is getting atleast at players range but that asshat of an animal just goes full Meele Sniper

Do you know a black bear can run up to 30 mph? and jump 6-8ft from the ground, Im pretty sure Wolves can run faster and lunge further than bears. when at full speed. So whats the problem lol?

as long as there is no Jump animation for the wolf where he uses his “leap of Faith” attack i think thats a problem, I really dont care about Reallife Infos. The point is the wolf is no where near me but i still get damage from him. Yes the animals are bugged. But in my theory the wolve just a got wrong set attack range.

This! I swear they hit you from about 10 metres away, they’re absolutely no where near you and yet somehow they can hit you.

Learn the ways of the ninja wolf, my Padawan heheh

got to agree the wolves need some work yet also i have had to put three arrows in them before they die and they still mange to hit me from 10 yards

i think wolves need to be killed with one hit BUT i also feel that they should come in packs not just one wolf at a time

Here’s my thinking too…

• Wolves should attack in packs only

• Wolves should NOT be brave when alone, They should be relatively friendly and run away

• Aiming a spear at them or swinging a torch at them makes them back off

• They only attack lone targets

• They should only attack when your back is turned to them

• They should quickly ‘nip’ at you little by little until you are downed

• Once you are down, they all jump on you and rip you to shreds…

• Should be relatively easy to kill on their own but they are hard to hit with melee since they dodge the attacks

• The sound of a gunshot should scare them off since they are searching for easy prey.

• Alone, a wolf should be ignored, but in a pack, wolves should be absolutely feared.

• Finally, Before a pack goes hunting, the entire pack should howl to let everyone know they’re coming quick.

https://i.gyazo.com/32c86de84752de65953d9dc2db25d6ff.gif

[quote=“Sgtteddybear5, post:7, topic:219391”]

Here’s my thinking too…

• Wolves should attack in packs only

• Wolves should NOT be brave when alone, They should be relatively friendly and run away

• Aiming a spear at them or swinging a torch at them makes them back off

• They only attack lone targets

• They should only attack when your back is turned to them

• They should quickly ‘nip’ at you little by little until you are downed

• Once you are down, they all jump on you and rip you to shreds…

• Should be relatively easy to kill on their own but they are hard to hit with melee since they dodge the attacks

• The sound of a gunshot should scare them off since they are searching for easy prey.

• Alone, a wolf should be ignored, but in a pack, wolves should be absolutely feared.

• Finally, Before a pack goes hunting, the entire pack should howl to let everyone know they’re coming quick.

i remember the red ones like this:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/tBr2l1DVP78/hqdefault.jpg

they were in some kind of groups too. but they should be more attend too i hope!

work on the movements that effect the terrain and group them at NIGHT IN PACKS they go on a Hunting for Newman Food i mean Humans, and during the day few wondering around few places but not packs… just grazing eating grass, to settle their stomach from previous nite! lol

Animals aren’t really supposed to be a great combat experience. It’s either “Oh shit, I can’t kill that” or bang bang

[quote=“panzerguard, post:8, topic:219391”]

The animals in this game just need a bit of love, spice and chemical X.

The animals in this game just need a bit of love, spice and chemical X.
[/QUOTE]

yeah, does need somthing to make it more ruff, i mean rough ! lol

no question the AI for the wolf and bears is complete shit. but again they were just tossed in for an element and will most likely be redone. I always joke about the helicopter AI is as good as it is. When a bear is like God and the wolf is just there, and the deer Is just fucked

yeah agree with this.

wolves should be in groups, and relatively cowardly in direct confrontation. but they should be hit and run attackers.

bears should be tanks that can not only take a few hits, but deal a lot of damage when they hit you. and they should be aggressive, head on attackers.

i think pigs and deer should potentially retaliate if attacked. deer should be more likely to run, pigs more likely to stay and fight.

chickens should just run away. maybe try to fly lol

yeah mrknifey, deer should somewhat protect them self and do buck charge with antlers ! hahah

Great ideas. Would add to the PvE aspect and add a degree of realism.

I laughed hard at this. Yeah why not. It would add to the Rusty humor.