Worked on main menu + spawnmenu today

The new UI system is in a position where I can start using it for stuff properly. The last couple of days I’ve been cleaning up the project a bit and started doing some broad strokes on stuff.

Part of that was trying out a spawnmenu…

And another part was adding a game screen…

Like I said, this is all just broad strokes… testing that specific things work (like being able to click on buttons, background drawing etc).

43 Likes

Looking wonderful man!

1 Like

I like the little descriptions of the gamemodes.

3 Likes

i really like how you can find a random server like that, i hope this stays maybe with a few filters like player numbers etc

2 Likes

I love that we are already hitting a polishing state.

2 Likes

looks good!, love seeing development coming along smoothly.

1 Like

The UI of the main menu is super smooth, I love it.

1 Like

love the menu animation

1 Like

That main menu is looking mighty fine.

1 Like

Awesome! Are addons able to change the main menu?

2 Likes

I would love to see some code snippets as well or maybe just make the code public on Facepunch · GitHub

1 Like

@garry Would that menu scale down and be attached to a hand for example in VR?

Edit: That menu meaning the spawn menu

1 Like

Dam LaserEyes sounds off the chain! :eyes: :boom:

1 Like

Wait, so there are chances we will have auto server search when we choose a game mode ( like in GTA Online, Pubg, CSGO, etc… ) while also having an option for server listing?

2 Likes

The way it’s going now, I imagine there’s two game lists:

1. List of games, click one - either create a game or join one via matchmaking
  2. Communities - which are single or groups of dedicated servers
13 Likes

That’d be great, it’s just sad to see how communities with a bunch of different and unique gamemodes die in gmod because all of their servers are split into different gamemodes

1 Like

Will they be hosted on the creator’s computer like in gmod right now? They should not be public by default because I see a lot of kids making servers without realizing and people joining making their little computers blow up.

1 Like

Yeah they’re listen servers - yeah they’ll be public by default

5 Likes

Good job, Garry!

1 Like

Can’t wait to join unsuspecting kids in their sandbox server with a creepy username and private profile to make them think it’s the ghost of S&box.

5 Likes