Working on a sample RPG and I need an addon that will save player status.

Just to show a friend it can be done. And while I am fully aware that their are better engines for this type of project, I am cheap and so is he. Here is what I am looking to do…

On my server, I would like to have a person log in, play the game, save their progress, and leave. That way, they can come back later, and pick up where they stopped. I am in the process of getting the gamemode written, and I am also working on the sample map that will be used for this RPG test. I believe that an addon should be able to do what I am looking for. After all, addons can allow an admin to control every aspect of a person that is in the game. I think it should be enough to save player X, Y, and Z location (to respawn exactly where they logged off at) for right now, with the ability to add additional items later on. The user save should be server side only to avoid cheating, and once I learn more Lua scripting, I would like to add additional saving option, like inventory items, etc…

Does anyone know if any such addon already exists? Any help with this request would be absolutely fantastic.

Its convenient to have a SQL database.