Working Rcon?

Has anyone got a working rcon program?

I’ve tried everything listed in the other threads, so I thought I’d start a new one as it’s a bit messy.

I got the newest download of Rusty tool (experimental version: http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1350623) to work for sending commands to the console.

It took some tinkering but I finally got it when I set the rcon info when I launch RustDedicated:

.\RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.hostname “Name” +server.identity “name” +server.maxplayers 50 +server.port 28015 -rcon.ip 111.111.111.111 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password “XXXXXX”

Then, on the same machine running the server, I can connect by loading Rusty and setting the ip to localhost, port to 28015 and query port to 28016.

Literally the only thing thats working is the send rcon command but that’s a lot better than nothing!

Also to note, I could not get this working using my client machine with Rusty, it wouldn’t load from an outside IP address.

I’d love to have some other options but so far this is all I can get working.

I’ve gotten rusty to connect locally to my server with very limited success.

Think the issue here is, you need to adjust your rcon port to something other than the server’s port+1. I believe unity still uses the server’s port+1 for status queries. Try using another rcon port.

Rcon is working in experimental, its just not fully implemented like the legacy branch.

I tried HLSW as well but to no avail. Can’t do anything except view the number of players and the server name.

I must object, I am using the exact same RCON library without modifications from legacy for experimental and it works just as good. It even relays server log messages as usual.

Likely something I’m not understanding, as the including sample app code simply “hangs”…
This other library I found seems to accomplish a bit more out of the box…

What you experience as hanging is what the sample app is supposed to do. This is not a ready-to-use RCON client. (This is a library, not a standalone)

Here you go, I used the library for a super simple* command line RCON client.
** super simple as in sends stdin to server and prints everything it gets.*

start using mono or on windows RustRconManager.exe rcon_ip rcon_port rcon_password, eg. RustRconManager.exe localhost 28017 herpderp
Exit by typing exit.

Thanks!
That’s all I wanted was a super simple rcon client.

Pardon the derail, but this makes me smile every time I see it.

A blast from the Past you should see Iron Pi’s steam forum thread he put up complaining about having a global ban. lol

Justice is served

necro derail from outer space! I’ve just found his thread yesterday and had another good laugh.

edit:

http://www.hawnutor.org/image/dT4d_wv.png

Must admin i fueled that thread a little bit :slight_smile: but the guy was a complete Arse this is worth the de-rail of the thread IMO.

FAF XD