Workshop and sound files.

Alright, I am using the M9K packs for some guns on my server, before I added in a few new ones the svt40 and dbarrel were working fine, after adding in the new files to the GMA i uploaded it to the workshop and now it will not load the sound files - I get error 41 and filling missing on disk/repository.

I have the M9K lua file for including the sounds and killicons it is working fine (two other guns on the same file are loading sounds perfect), the sounds are on my server, and when i open the downloaded GMA with an editor the sound files are in there in the correct path…does anyone know anything else to check? I have 6 other m9k weapons working fine, have restarted the server and everything with no progress.

Update: I re-downloaded the M9K Heavy Weapons and went into sandbox, even with the main file downloaded I still have no sounds with the SVT40 or Double Barrel.

Update2: Deleted all custom downloads/workshop files and deleted cache, same problem. (the workshop file is just the models/materials/sounds, the lua file is on my server.)

Search your issue before posting.
Someone asked the same question a week ago

http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1340516

Ah, might have forgot to mention it happens with my 2 other friends as well, and that topic states to reinstall which I doubt is the fix considering it happens to anyone that connects, regardless of that I have a screenshot and the m9k sound add code for people to look at to see if I am doing it wrong…(I took out the sound.adds from the other guns because it would be even longer than it already is), there are two other guns included in the autorun file for my server that both have 100% functional sounds, using the same .lua script these two are located on.

//SVT40
sound.Add({
	name = 			"Weapon_SVT40.single",
	channel = 		CHAN_USER_BASE+10,
	volume = 		1.0,
	sound = 			"weapons/svt40/g3sg1-1.wav"
})

sound.Add({
	name = 			"Weapon_SVT40.Cloth1",
	channel = 		CHAN_ITEM,
	volume = 		1.0,
	sound = 			"weapons/svt40/g3sg1_cloth1.mp3"
})

sound.Add({
	name = 			"Weapon_SVT40.Cloth2",
	channel = 		CHAN_ITEM,
	volume = 		1.0,
	sound = 			"weapons/svt40/g3sg1_cloth2.mp3"
})

sound.Add({
	name = 			"Weapon_SVT40.Clipout",
	channel = 		CHAN_ITEM,
	volume = 		1.0,
	sound = 			"weapons/svt40/g3sg1_clipout.mp3"
})

sound.Add({
	name = 			"Weapon_SVT40.Clipin",
	channel = 		CHAN_ITEM,
	volume = 		1.0,
	sound = 			"weapons/svt40/g3sg1_clipin.mp3"
})

sound.Add({
	name = 			"Weapon_SVT40.ClipTap",
	channel = 		CHAN_ITEM,
	volume = 		1.0,
	sound = 			"weapons/svt40/g3sg1_cliptap.mp3"
})

sound.Add({
	name = 			"Weapon_SVT40.SlideBack",
	channel = 		CHAN_ITEM,
	volume = 		1.0,
	sound = 			"weapons/svt40/g3sg1_slide_b.mp3"
})

sound.Add({
	name = 			"Weapon_SVT40.SlideForward",
	channel = 		CHAN_ITEM,
	volume = 		1.0,
	sound = 			"weapons/svt40/g3sg1_slide_f.mp3"
})

//double barrel shotgun
sound.Add({
	name = 			"Double_Barrel.Single",
	volume = 		1.0,
	sound = 			"weapons/dbarrel/xm1014-1.wav"
})

sound.Add({
	name = 			"dbarrel_dblast",
	volume = 		1.0,
	sound = 			"weapons/dbarrel/dblast.wav"
})

sound.Add({
	name = 			"Double_Barrel.InsertShell",
	channel = 		CHAN_ITEM,
	volume = 		1.0,
	sound = 			"weapons/dbarrel/xm1014_insertshell.mp3"
})

sound.Add({
	name = 			"Double_Barrel.barreldown",
	channel = 		CHAN_ITEM,
	volume = 		1.0,
	sound = 			"weapons/dbarrel/barreldown.mp3"
})

sound.Add({
	name = 			"Double_Barrel.barrelup",
	channel = 		CHAN_ITEM,
	volume = 		1.0,
	sound = 			"weapons/dbarrel/barrelup.mp3"
})

Should also mention that it loads up the .single sounds, just not any of the reload/barrel sounds. They still make noise when they shoot just no reload/unholster sounds. In the picture I have my server folder with the two guns sounds, my error from the console, and a sharpgmad preview of the .gma i use from workshop.

The files must be on your client, not server, to play.

I know, they are being sent to the client through the resources.lua, and the other two guns included in the m9k heavy weapons pack are both working flawlessly, I just can’t think of any reason why the other two would not, I am going to test the workshop file on a computer that has never connected to my server, maybe there is some problem that has to do with something I did in the past (the two friends have been helping me test for weeks now), but if that still does not work I am stumped. I also use 3 other m9k guns from other packs, exact same methods and they work fine.

Update3: Connected with my brothers computer, never joined any gmod games before - fresh install, still have the error 41 file missing problem. I have also tried recompiling the GMA and pushing an update to make sure there wasn’t some issue in the upload but I am still having the same problems…is there anything I am missing that you guys can see?

Well, took the original m9k_heavy_weapons.lua file and replaced it with the one on my server and it all seems to be working now, sorry for all the confusion but I was tired and irritated (was trying to figure it out for hours), probably should have started with the easy solution first =(

Sorry again.