Workshop Download

Hey,
My FastDL is getting slow for my german customers.
Could it be because the server is in france? And maybe you know how to speed it up?

I thought about switching to workshopDL, but is it allowed to make upload all the contents to steam workshop just to use it for my server?
And can I make that the server is not listed in the steam workshop but that it is downloadable through resource.AddWorkshop?

Regards, Pascal

The most likely cause that I can think of for your FastDL being slow for customers in a specific location is because of the distance from them and your web server. I don’t know much about the specifics of workshop’s distribution, but I have heard that (and I would assume that) it has servers spread out around the world. So the people in Germany may have a closer workshop delivery node (not sure if that is the correct name for it), but that won’t mean that it is necessarily faster than your FastDL.

As for the rules regarding uploading the content to the workshop, the wiki has a pretty good page about it.

I don’t understand what you’re asking when you say “can I make that the server is not listed in the steam workshop but that it is downloadable through resource.AddWorkshop?”

Thanks for your help. I somehow fixed my fastdl to download with regular speed now. A stupid download limit was set.