Would disabling solidity fix the T-Junction Error?

I am making a rather small yet very detailed map for machinima and of course I went over the T-Junction limit. I’m wondering if it would be worth it to make certain groups of brushes func_brushes and disable solidity? I’ve already tried propper, but since this “thing” is going over a window, it blocked all of the light, which I don’t want. Otherwise, I could go with something in between. Save the shadow-awesomeness but decrease how well the window looks. So, which one?

-snip-

[editline]10:24PM[/editline]

couldn’t you just disable shadows on the model created with propper?

That would let all of the light in, I’m trying to get a detailed shadow effect which I’ve done on a few other windows. This is also a very important one to get right since it covers pretty much the whole warehouse (which is the map).

run VRAD with the static prop parameters, it should work.

[editline]10:52PM[/editline]

F9, Expert…, add these two parameters to VRAD right after -both

-StaticPropPolys -StaticPropLighting

I’m pretty sure I know what to do, but where do I find VRAD?

it should show up as the third program in the list, possibly as $rad_program? or something like that, I don’t have hammer open right now. Just click on the option (make sure to keep it checked) and in the larger box, paste that in…

I can’t find any $rad_program. Neither anything that has -both as a parameter.

hold on, I’m going to open hammer…

[editline]11:06PM[/editline]

it was $light_exe…

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/651/staticproplighting.png

I tried that, however vbsp got stuck at portal flow, so that’s probably not going to work. I just realized that my first theory would be obsolete. So instead, would a non-solid func_brush be as/less expensive as a normal world brush?