Would people play a server like this?

I’m thinking about getting my own server. The chances of getting a populated and active “vanilla PVP blabla” server are virtually none. So I’ve come up with a concept, please read and give me your opinion about it:

• No military grade weapons. Complete removal off: M4, MP5, Shotgun, P250 and 9MM pistol.
  • No Kevlar, only cloth and leather armor.
  • Only wooden buildings. No metal buildings. Metal doors are allowed.
  • No C4, only grenades allowed.
  • Not sure whether to keep the Bolt Action Rifle in the game. It clearly is a “homemade” weapon, but on the other hand it is very powerful. Your opinion about it would be appreciated.
  • Sleepers are enabled.
  • Of course, any blueprint with the aforementioned weapons, armor and building materials will be removed as well.

Basically it would set rust back to basics, with only primitive weapons. Good idea, or would it suck? And while we are at it, perhaps some servers already exist, doing exactly this?

Not just yet.

What you’re saying except the metal building part will be Rust in the future. We don’t have weapon replacements yet to do this.

I don’t think so, only wooden door? So anyone can raid my hose only with a pick axe? Bitch please.

Straight off the bat, no-one would survive a night. Wooden doors are chopped down REALLY fast.
No point in building any structure when it’s begging to be cleaned out 100%. You’re just advertising.
Metal doors would be a must. Even with metal doors, bases are being sucked dry. Wood only would make this way worse.

never it’s like the rust satanic cult XD

Alright. So… How about: Allow metal doors and only grenades? That way, you still could raid but it would be a lot harder.

You must have metal doors, as people say… I don’t want to waste hours of farming for some dude just taking it… I know sleepers is off, but i’m not really in the mood to go through everything and stash it in my inventory and when I log in to stash it back.

Put sleepers on, I don’t want to waste 12 nades whilst I know that people just carry it in their inventory.

I really like to fight people with the bow, even though I suck at it… It’s fun :slight_smile:

So please give your opinion about this feature set:

• No military grade weapons. Complete removal off: M4, MP5, Shotgun, P250 and 9MM pistol.
  • No Kevlar, only cloth and leather armor.
  • Only wooden buildings. No metal buildings. Metal doors are allowed.
  • No C4,** only grenades allowed.**
  • Not sure whether to keep the Bolt Action Rifle in the game. It clearly is a “homemade” weapon, but on the other hand it is very powerful. Your opinion about it would be appreciated.
    - Sleepers are enabled.
  • Of course, any blueprint with the aforementioned weapons, armor and building materials will be removed as well.

Yes,I would play it for sure. But needs metal doors.

I would totally play it, but with Bolt rifles, sleepers and no grenades (raiding with grenades only its such a pain in the ass).
If there is no C4, metal doors will be undestructable and raiding will be impossible, so I agree with wooden doors only. Now there will be a crazy amount of doors in the bases in order to break all the raiders´s tools before they can get to the good stuff :smile:

I’d play it. Also disable attachments since those are obviously military grade as well. Given attachments are gone, allow bolt action since it is much harder without a holo sight.

Raiding should be hard, not easy… I don’t mind spending 100 nades on a house, might take me days of farming but who knows… the loot could be worth it !

OT:

Really want to know if you’re going to create the server, if so… Let me know.

That is exactly my vision. Raiding should be hard, not something you can do endlessly because 2 C4 cost nothing.

Absolutely :slight_smile:

True.
On the other hand, a flashlight can be really handy at times and is not balance-breaking. But might break the immersion though. Perhaps they are indeed best left out.

Sadly, I don’t think “unraidable” bases could be taken down with grenades (no floor to drop it). You should consider getting rid of this too.

Also, I don’t think any base with a door above the first floor and no possibility to put stairs/ceiling to access it would be raidable. Might be wrong tho.

I’d have fun on a server like this. No more getting spammed by m4’s.

I used Oxide to make a “rare” (no craft) military/C4 server. It was fun at first - but once a large team does a bit of raiding they end up with every gun on the map, and its hard to get back on your feet. And without using metal fragments to make any of the weapons or buildings, metal is going to be used to make hundreds of doors on bases. And with C4 being rare, it quickly becomes a stalemate. Bases become unraidable because you can build faster than you can farm C4. I went back to vanilla because mods are too slow to update. Players would let their client update and wouldn’t be able to get back in the server until oxide patched, and that took up to 2 days. So you lose a lot of players because they don’t want to wait 2 days to play on their server again. Just some thoughts. Not worth it IMO.

I have been running a server with real close to this rule set. I have had at most 10 people on at once, and it slowly died off. There are many servers out there with this rule set and not enough that wish to play it to close the ratio gap of amount of servers to players. These servers usually, IMO, attract more PvE people, that’s in my experiences.

I have closed that one as I have changed hosts, wanted to be able to write our own mods. We now have made a Building Manager mod with full base sharing, email alerts and many other cool things, written for Magma. Looking at going back to almost vanilla as it does attract more PvP.

Yes!

This is a server I’ve been looking for. I almost thought about starting my own because I couldn’t find one.

I fucking hate the military grade weapons in the game at the moment and have almost stopped playing because of them. I’d personally like the bolt action to stay though as the top tier weapon.

If you get this server started I’ll be the first one on there.

This would be no problem at this server, since military weapons are not in the game at all. Not even as loot.

That is exactly what I feared, and why I wanted to limit doors to wood-only. On the other hand, a lot of people mentioned a wooden-door only server would suck since every dipshit with a pickaxe can raid you.
Isn’t my idea, with metal doors and grenades a nice middle way?

I just wiped my server at the weekend and set it up very much like this, though C4 can still be found in loot and metal buildings are currently still allowed.

I advertised in the servers sub forum… think I’ve had about 4 visitors so far :confused: