WTF Happened to Swimming???

4-5 weeks ago, swimming went from being pretty simple and straightforward to essentially being a fight for survival every time you set foot int he water. It’s quite a struggle anymore to even keep your head above water for more than a second. Is this intentional or some sort of bug that will be eventually fixed? I haven’t even seen anyone mention this hardly at all, but everyone I talk to knows exactly what I’m ttalking about when I bring it up.

Boosting this post because it is still a problem that has not been addressed

http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1480183

Swimming is not a very central thing in the game at the moment. The devs will look into it when its time I guess. There is tons of new material that needs to be tweaked and balanced.

when your base on distant iceberg is important

It’s not an issue, you just don’t know how to swim (It’s never too late), I can swim just fine… It’s easy…

A few people I play with just can’t swim its fuckin hysterical…:smug:

Bases on icebergs are not central things in the game at the moment. The devs will look into it when its time I guess. There is tons of new material that needs to be tweaked and balanced.

it’s up to the players

So if I wanted unicorns in the game and I found there was not any, it would still be up to me?

not really. it’s their game not ours. they are just courteous enough to recognise our opinions.

Swimming is very easy. While you jump into water, hold shift and press W, then center your mouse so that your guy is looking straight. You want to be about 70% wet while swimming, as soon as you hit 60% you will immediately fall under water, and as soon as you hit 80%, you will start drowning. So center your screen so that you are constantly staying around 70, if you drop to 80, tap space bar and plop back up to 70. As soon as you hold space bar, you will be at 60 and immediately fall back under, so if you keep holding space bar, your guy will just be swimming up in water and drowning. Its fairly realistic.

Rafts. We want rafts. And boats. But mainly rafts.