Please don’t use the workshop page for questions related to this port. xDShot isn’t maintaining this version, I am. I’m sorry if my limited Lua knowledge can’t help to solve your problem but I’ll do my best if its something simple.
Do not add either xDShot or myself for support with these knives. Just leave a reply to this thread and I’ll do my best to help.
IF YOU PLAN TO USE THE LATEST VERSION (addon format) PLEASE DELETE THE PREVIOUS VERSION!
- Subscribe to xDShot’s CS:GO Knives swep here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=506283460
- If you don’t already have it, download GMAD Extractor here: http://www.treesoft.dk/gmod/gmad/
- Once you open GMAD hit the “Open” button then “Browse” then navigate to your garrysmod installation. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons)
- Click on the ID/Name/Author/Description section to make sure the addon is selected for extracting then click “Select”
- Click “Extract All” in the top banner and find a place to store the files. (You can delete the Lua folder you just extracted as we will be using the Lua I made for this.)
- Navigate inside the “garrysmod/addons” directory on your server installation.
- Drop the csgo_knives folder here.
- Find the folders you extracted (materials, models and sound) and drop them inside the csgo_knives folder.
- Restart your server and test.
- As xDShot said: --YOU’RE WINNER!
Q. What slot are these set to?
A. They are in slot 12
Q. How do I change the slot?
A. Open up the Lua file of the knife and find the line that says SWEP.Kind = 11 and change it to a slot you want.
Q. Wha?? The knives aren’t spawning! Why bruh? fix it!
A. I set the knives so they wont spawn in the world. Goto each knife and find the line that says SWEP.AutoSpawnable = false and set to true. Although I don’t see why you would make them auto spawn-able. Its much more fun earning them through a pointshop or leveling system.
- When you drop a knife the skin it had will be on all your weapons
-You tell me!
Converted to addon format
Made all knives able to be in an inventory as-well as any traitor or detective weapon
Fixed the Bayonet knife as I forgot to add the TTT specific code that was needed.
I’ve gotten permission from xDShot™ to release this.
xDShot™ for creating the knives.
Leteos for making them addon format.
Myself for the initial conversion.