I sure hope this is the right place to post this sort of thing.
My Computer’s Specs:
I’m wanting to start fixing and creating w_models for weapons in Garry’s Mod for quite awhile, so I thought I would try XSI Mod Tool. I’ve been trying to install the Valve.Source 6.02 Add-on for XSI Mod Tool 6.01 by following the instructions from this tutorial thread, but the “Valve.Source” tab does not appear at the top of the window like it should. I figured I must have been doing it wrong, so I browsed FP and searched on Google for answers, but none of the results matched my problem.
Here’s how I’ve been trying to install it:
- I start up XSI Mod Tool 6.01 from my desktop.
- Once it loads, I select the ‘File’ > ‘Add-on’ > 'Install…" tabs.
- I look for the Valve.Source Add-on which is located in C:\Softimage\XSI_6.01_Mod_Tool\Addons, and I select the ValveSource.6.02.xsiaddon file.
- I install the addon and it prompts me to restart XSI Mod Tool.
- I then exit XSI Mod Tool and start it back up again.
- After everything boots up again, the “Valve.Source” tab does not show up.
- Some error messages pop up sometimes before and after installation. This is just one of them:
There was also another error that popped up before I reinstalled the Mod Tool:
I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the add-on several times, but I can never get the “Valve.Source” tab to show up. I attempted installing SoftImage Mod Tool 7.5 with the same add-on the exact way I did with XSI Mod Tool 6.01. Of course, the “Valve.Source” tab did not show up either.
Is there a newer version of the add-on that might work? Am I installing the add-on incorrectly? If anyone can help me out with my problem, I will be very grateful. Thanks!
Note: I am a visual learner so I learn best by seeing step-by-step screenshots or specifically detailed instructions.