"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death" - a lone Guardsman

*"I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
Thy Bolter and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the Temple of the Emperor forever."*

http://filesmelt.com/dl/gm_aftermath_rc1a0000_final1.jpg

Super-duper widescreen

Original

fuckin awesome…
although,guardsmen are usually pussies…
hence the commissar’s pistol’s main use,field execution…

Nice, I really like the lighting.

Thanks for the comment!

In my fan-fiction, I like to imagine Guardsmen as ideal soldiers are today - stoic individuals fighting for the man next to them and doing what needs to be done. I’m not a big fan of the typical view of Spacemarines being the greatest thing in the universe and the Guard being retarded cannon fodder.

This is really fucking awesome. I love the rain.

Is it a scenebuild ?

we need more high-quality WH40k models like this…
we got a bolter (from one of the weapons pack),guardsmens,but nothing else…

i guess the map is gm_Stalkerredux? or something?

Gracias.

It’s pretty much a scenebuild. The only things there when I started was the road, the crappy trees and those orange walls on the right.

Then it’s even more amazing.

Looks awesome! The rain is good, I like the lighting and the smoke coming from the building. I’m not seeing any splashes on the Guardsman though.

[editline]12:43PM[/editline]

Oh and great scenebuild!

It would be awesome to see some really high-detail weapon models but, rather than just recreating the weapons from what we see in the tabletop game and in Dawn of War, adding loads of details based off real weapons. When I see lasguns and other weapons like that get made for mods they always look so blocky and low-detail. This isn’t any fault of the modeller in terms of technical skill - they have recreated the lasgun from the tabletop game perfectly - but it’s a lack of imagination for not adding in the proper detail that is possible on the level of a first-person shooter.

Thanks for the comment.

I figured there wouldn’t be any splashes on him because the clothing he is wearing would absorb the water. I guess his shoulder plate would have rain water splashing off it, but I’m not sure it’s at such an angle to do so.

It’s in the file name :

gm_aftermath_rc1a

I see, then I’ll let this one slide :smiley:

Exterminatus (A HL2 mod) was released, and it has some good models.

Fixed. It is nice to have some Tyranids though. I need to do a pose with them soon.

Then he sees a chaos marine and pisses his pants.

Wasn’t expecting much from the title, but I like it.

Drop dead gorgeous.
I would love a tutorial for the splashes.

Oh nice, a suit that absorbs rain!

Also Super-duper mega ultra death-defying widescreen of uber-doom

Agreed. And I believe most guardsmen are “pussies” because everyone else have 100x times better armour and bettet weapons. Even as it is written in the ImperialGuard Codex, in the stories of the Imperial Armies, you’ll see that they are all actually bloody well trained. Even though some :commissar:

Anyways. The posing, scenebuild and the edit, it all amazes me. You are fucking great at this Chest. This is my new desktop btw. :downs:

Yeah, I call it “non-waterproof material”. It’s amazing.

Haha, I lol’d.

Thanks so much. <3

very nice maaan