Your gamemodes

sounds like Tower Unite to me… Ohh Memories, damm those were times…

2 Likes

I will be working on Linry Tag, it will just be a standard game of tag but everyone who gets tagged becomes Linry, the maps will be in a sort of horror style, dark lights, closed up areas, stuff like that.

2 Likes

My point is to create a realistic roleplay gamemode, which is similar to PERP from GMod but newer and with more features. Would be awesome if there are mappers around currently creating roleplay maps which are laaaaarge as hell :smiley:

2 Likes

I’d play a DarkRP vr gamemode if it was restricted to VR players.

2 Likes

1 in chamber

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Now that I’ve watched a lot more of the videos and livestreams from the people in the dev build, I’ve been trying to think of good small-scale gamemodes/addons since it’s not really in a state where everything is working perfectly and best-practices are still unknown. Smaller projects would also be easier to learn from and allow me to start recording coding tutorials for it.

With that in mind I’m thinking that my first gamemode would be an extension of dm98 but with three teams: Red, Green, and Blue. It would be a normal team deathmatch except that it’s structured like a game of rock, paper, scissors:
-Red can only damage Green.
-Green can only damage Blue.
-Blue can only damage Red

This way everyone has one color that they are trying to run and hide from, while trying to hunt down a different color. Last team standing wins and when it gets to the final two teams, both teams can damage eachother regardless of color.

2 Likes

Military Roleplay
The appearance would be definitely realistic.
Military Roleplay is basically a gamode with mainly includes Roleplay. There are two Groups that fighting against the other group. One group is for example a Military base and the other from terrorists.

Another idea were to bring TTT to s&box with having some nice and funny features.

2 Likes

I was thinking of making Prop Hunt with the additions I made for the original, but someone else seems to be making the gamemode already.
Some kind of multiplayer city building game would be nice if no one is working on that.

3 Likes

That’s actually one of the most unique ideas I’ve heard being tossed around here. I think you’ll be safe to work on that without stepping on someone else’s toes. The only standalone game I can think of is the SimCity reboot. But that wasn’t real multiplayer city building. I guess if its fair to count TTD as a citybuilding game, then that would be it.

2 Likes

That’s a brilliant idea and unique. Don’t worry, you’re not copying anyone. Guessing you’ll try to make something like SimCity/City Skylines but a city for each player? Sounds fantastic and attractive! If you’ll decide to actually realize the gamemode make sure to keep us all updated on the forums :smiley:

2 Likes

That would be the idea, yeah. Something between SimCity’s simplicity and Skylines detail/control.

2 Likes

Name : SCP-RP
Models : Realistic, maybe imported from Arma or something like that for the begining + old SCP models from gmod waiting for creation of new models
Desc : “Welcome to the SCP Foundation, an ultra secret, intergovernmental organisation. Our goal : protect the world population of abnormal creatures. Here, we are at Site-E, the newest site of the Foundation, this site is the most technicaly advanced and the most hidden site in the world. Here, we are searching the best ways to contain or destroy abnormal creatures.”
I let you refer to the official website for more infos

3 Likes

That also look really nice. Alf (from the TTT2 team) and myself thought about extending that kart-idea with Mario Kart like items and Level editing of ultimate chicken horse.

So that you can for example drop ragdolls instead of bananas, a nice thomas the dank engine as green shells, just bashing everything out of the way, maybe jetpacks or anything addons might add to the mix.

And the last player/s of each race might be able to change the level structure, deform terrain, make holes, insert traps, so that their knowledge about them gives an advantage for the next race.

Could be an interesting concept aka Trouble on the Terror Track. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Some really cool ideas you’ve got there, I’ll definitely consider taking them into account when I get access and start working on the gamemode :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’d love to program some sort of gamemode involving that one mod with the killer Weighted Storage Cube. I have no idea how it’d function, but I recall playing with that mod and thinking “there must be some way to make something bigger out of this”.

2 Likes

Been working on a social mini-games gamemode. Will include darts, pool, card games and amusement arcade games.

Social mini-games gamemode

Some models and UI mockup

6 Likes

DarkRP 2 with more toxicity

2 Likes