Your gamemodes

DarkRP is basically the framework for all RP gamemodes out there, I say releasing some kind of compatible modules to create your own gamemode would be huge.

Here's some ideas:
  • SQL Module
  • Jobs Module
  • Weapons Module
  • Rounds Module
  • Doors Module
  • Vehicle Module
  • Economy Module
  • Parkour Module
  • Permissions Module
  • NPC Module
  • Events Module

If we have enough then you could basically make a gamemode with minimal coding experience.

5 Likes

Bring back fretta

3 Likes

HL2RP

-New source 2 combine grunts, heavies etc.

-Basically all the new sexy HL;A content

Futuristic, dystopia

Serious roleplay as a citizen / rebel / member of the combine in a city. Text based RPG.

2 Likes

I highly approve of this.

People with poor/no programming skills can make their fantastic ideas come to life, and I can steal them and hand-code them to be a remotely polished experience that I can profit off of.

5 Likes

Been working on Rust in gmod, might give Rust in S&box a try. It would definitely be a lot easier to make in S&box seeming as there will be no source 1 limitations, and porting models won’t be a pain.

2 Likes

No, we can’t have too much modularity. Look at helix. Superior to DarkRP and nobody uses it because it’s difficult to understand how shit works. We need something simple and effective. Just DarkRP with its original idea, but written better, (as in, less laggy)

3 Likes

Does anyone remember the game mode where you climbed up the hill dodging different objects?
I think that would be pretty sweet in VR.

Even the climb game mode. Climbing up pyramids, castles or in space. Just like “simple” game modes for VR to experiment with?

I can’t code for the life of me. So I’m not sure if they are “simple” game modes pls don’t roast me too hard mate. i’m just a simple aussie.

3 Likes

Helix is not used because the gamemode adds too much useless component for some universes. Also, the DarkRP gamemode is more modular and with less content, so you can have a strong base for any kind of universe.

2 Likes

Don’t know what Helix is, but it’s not official and it came after DarkRP already settled.

3 Likes

Sounds like Moronyard’s Slope gamemode

3 Likes

FalloutRP
Source 2 has so many capabilities, Higher player count abilities, Bigger maps, Better textures and the likes.

1 Like

Sled Build
Realistic
Build your sled and race with other players

2 Likes

Thanks for the idea! I will create

1 Like