ZIP files don't dl as fast as others

I’m using the Opera browser, and when I ‘transfer’(download) zip. files to my computer, they seem to download a hell of a lot slower than normal files (ex. zip 6-11KB/s to about 300 kb/s on others). I have 2 GB of ram. So I don’t think there should be a problem dling slowly…

Also, I can't connect to game due to buffer overflow, which the server only has like 10 people in it, so I never got this message before today...

My friend also got this problem today with the slow dl… So maybe its the site?

gmod.org has a shitload of problems… if you aren’t used to it; GET used to it

also… this doesn’t seem to mention gmod.org so if it isn’t about gmod… gtfo before admin bans u

I knew the code for the Picard Facepalm once. I can’t think of it…point is it’s needed here…

Well, when you download files from garrysmod.org, there is one part of the download link that reduces the download speed drastically. I’m gonna take a random download link and show you what part to delete:

http://coblitz.codeen.org/s3.garrysmod.org/files/52104/dismemberment_mod_1.9_(2).zip

This is what a usual file looks like. The part in the brackets is the part you should delete.

http:// [coblitz.codeen.org/] s3.garrysmod.org/files/52104/dismemberment_mod_1.9_(2).zip

If you delete coblitz.codeen.org/, the files will download MUCH faster.

this is totally towards you and not for you

…,-~¯lllllll~,…
…,-~lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯-,…
…,-~llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll-,…
…,-llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll…
…;
lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\.................................... ................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-~-,…
…\lllllllllllllllllllll,-~-~-,...(.(¯,,............................... ...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*;…)…
…,-
¯,*)…,-~~................../............................... .....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*;…/…
…/…/…/…/…,-,…
~,.*~*..................*...\............................. ...................|.../.../..../.*…)…)¯~,.................... ...................|./..../..../........).........)~-,…/…|…)…~-,.............. .................././.../....,*-,…-,....*…,—…/…/…|…¯```~-,
…(…)*~-,......,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\.......... ..................*-,.......-,…~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\......... ......................*,.........-,…)-,…,-...,-*.....(-,…
…f-,........-,/…
,-~…,-…|…-,...............\....... OR ............................................________ ....................................,.-‘”...................``~., .............................,.-”...................................“-., .........................,/...............................................”:, .....................,?......................................................\, .................../...........................................................,} ................./......................................................,:^..} .............../...................................................,:”........./ ..............?.....__.........................................:…/
…/
.(…“~-,…,:........../ .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:/
…{…$;…”=,…“-,…,.-~-,},.~”;/…}
…((…~…”=-.…“;,./..../”............../ ...,,,___.\~,…“~.,….....}............../ ............(....=-,…........................(......;_,,-” ............/.~,…-...............................\....../\ .............\~.-,…|,./…,
_
,…}.>-.…|…=~-, .....=~-,__…\,.................................\ ...................=~-,.,…
:,,...........................…__
=-,...................,%>–== ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\ ...................................,<`.._|_,-&…`\

my point is: get a life

This isn’t Gmod related. For a better Download, get TortoiseSVN: The code is always updated and you can transfer data from th server faster. It only downloads the files you need, and almost every important mod (PHX, wiremod) is updated via SVN.
For the overflow, use these commands on the console
rate 80000
cl_cmdrate 20
cl_updaterate 20
fps_max 300
They also help with the FPS

Wow, no need to be a dick. And I didn’t want ASCII spam.