Zombie Massacre Gamemode (First Gamemode, Unreleased)

Ok so I figured I’m starting to get bored with Gmod, so I’m doing what alot of people do at this stage and learning LUA coding. My first gamemode idea is some sort of zombie killing, but I’m going to make it multiplayer, have hoardes of zombies coming in a wave system, thirperson, and it will use Day of Defeat Source PLayer models and weapons. It’s a daunting task right now and I was looking to see what tutorials you guys have for me that I could use, such as making thirdperson for everyone, that over the shoulder some-what like Gears of War. Using the custom weapons from Day of Defeat and the playermodels, and using custom skins for the zombies. It’s alot I’m asking for I know but these are specific questions you can’t really find in tutorials on their own.

Also, as an error, I used this code to remove the weapons in the bigging so they start off with just a crowbar

function GM:PlayerLoadout( ply )

ply:StripWeapons()
	ply:Give( "weapon_crowbar" )	
end

But they start off with all normal weapons, anything I missed?
EDIT: Turns out it isn’t actually starting as my gamemode, its just starting as regualr sandbox, I followed this tutorial exactly

Content?

Or can you atleast get some sort of picture up for us D:

This is more of a help thread, but the rules say regular Lua Help goes in the Lua section, but this is a list of specific questions with a gamemode idea, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

It’s fine. Keep working on it and try to get some pictures up. :smile:

You should test it single player until you get to the point you need to test with more than 1 player. (Singleplayer is fine for things like HUD and menus and stuff, but you should do multiplayer for the rest). That way, you can select your gamemode in the Play Singleplayer menu.

Thats the problem, I don’t know how to get it working, I’m going to keep this htread up but I posted a thread in the LUA form to, just let this htread die until I get something here, but thanks I guess.

function GM:PlayerLoadout( ply )

ply:StripWeapons()
	ply:Give( "weapon_crowbar" )	
end

what file is this in and is the file included?

Its in init.lua and it’s owrking now, turns out the error I had was I had put a space in the Gamemode Folder and it wasn’t loading it, I still have a long way to go, but it will use DoDs maps, weapons, and playermodels. And also zombies without headcrabs.